Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 month ago

Tips for stopping hair getting so greasy so quickly?!?

No stupid answers like “wash it” please.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Gonzo
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

You must have black hair LOL

• Hair color doesn't matter. It is the hormones people produce that result in greasy hair so maybe don't assume?

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

Dry shampoo maybe?

• 4 weeks ago

Try baby powder on the hair roots... I know its weird but it works.

Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

My hair is down to my hips, so I know the fast greasy thing.  I got some hair gel and I put it in my hair after washing it and before blow drying it.  It seems to keep the grease away for an extra day or two.  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

My hair gets greasy quite fast and I do not have the time to wash it everyday to make it look nice, but dry shampoo is an effective way to get rid of oily hair. Dry shampoo is quite expensive. It isn't the most affordable solution, but I also use baby powder! It is a little messy so it would be best to use that before putting on your clothes for the day. Just dust a little on scalp with a setting powder brush or something similar and rub it in! If there is white showing, blend a little more or brush it out. I've also experimented is cornstarch the same way, but only because I ran out of baby powder. I typically use these methods in the morning if I am too lazy to wash it, since it gets oily over night, or when recently dyed my hair. So basically every day or two. I hope this helps.

• patty
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

I have oily hair so if u have oily hair u may need to wash everyday. also use a shampoo and conditioner for oily hair

• Carrosh1 month agoReport

Actually washing it everyday makes it more greasy.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Washing it daily, is the only thing that works. Bottom line. 

No, not at all. That makes it worse.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I don't have an oily scalp but my face is oily, so I sympathize. You could try using a dry shampoo in between washings, since constant washing can dry out your hair. 

• The only thing is just wash it often i tried anything trust me

That actually makes it worse. Your hair will get used to washing it less often in a while, you just have to be patient.

• 1 month ago

Constantly washing your hair will make it dry. Also avoid things that cap moisture like hats, scarfs, etc.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.