Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 month ago

Tips for stopping hair getting so greasy so quickly?!?

No stupid answers like “wash it” please.

• Gonzo

You must have black hair LOL

• Hair color doesn't matter. It is the hormones people produce that result in greasy hair so maybe don't assume?

Dry shampoo maybe?

Try baby powder on the hair roots... I know its weird but it works.

• .

My hair is down to my hips, so I know the fast greasy thing.  I got some hair gel and I put it in my hair after washing it and before blow drying it.  It seems to keep the grease away for an extra day or two.  

My hair gets greasy quite fast and I do not have the time to wash it everyday to make it look nice, but dry shampoo is an effective way to get rid of oily hair. Dry shampoo is quite expensive. It isn't the most affordable solution, but I also use baby powder! It is a little messy so it would be best to use that before putting on your clothes for the day. Just dust a little on scalp with a setting powder brush or something similar and rub it in! If there is white showing, blend a little more or brush it out. I've also experimented is cornstarch the same way, but only because I ran out of baby powder. I typically use these methods in the morning if I am too lazy to wash it, since it gets oily over night, or when recently dyed my hair. So basically every day or two. I hope this helps.

• patty

I have oily hair so if u have oily hair u may need to wash everyday. also use a shampoo and conditioner for oily hair

• Carrosh1 month agoReport

Actually washing it everyday makes it more greasy.

Washing it daily, is the only thing that works. Bottom line. 

• Carrosh1 month agoReport

No, not at all. That makes it worse.

I don't have an oily scalp but my face is oily, so I sympathize. You could try using a dry shampoo in between washings, since constant washing can dry out your hair. 

• The only thing is just wash it often i tried anything trust me

• Carrosh1 month agoReport

That actually makes it worse. Your hair will get used to washing it less often in a while, you just have to be patient.

Constantly washing your hair will make it dry. Also avoid things that cap moisture like hats, scarfs, etc.