Can I use all 3 ports on my video card to use 3 monitors with it?

I have an Nvidia GeForce video card with 2 DVI ports and one mini-HDMI port. Will I be able to run 3 monitors, for 3 times the working space, with this card? Provided they have the required input ports, of course. The card has 1GB VRAM.

As others have said, it depends on the card. Normally, with weaker cards, two monitors is the max even if you have more than two ports. Some cards using display ports can drive up to 6 monitors at a time, great for a flight sim setup.

• SBR32277
      3 weeks agoReport

@Kaitlyn McPartlin,  often the third port is an "alternative" port where they are simply giving you the option to use either or, but not both. With older cards, the alt port was vga, with newer cards it could be HDMI with two DVI ports where the HDMI is actually tapped into one of the DVI ports.

see owner's manual for that model. it is online. the likely answer is no. 1Gb isn't much of a graphics card these days

• Lv 7

it depends on your specific card model. some do, and some don't allow this.

also, keep in mind that HDMI and DVI can be cross-converted, as they use the same signal.

Depends on the card model.  Some might not support three digital streams.  You would have to run the DVI-I port with a VGA adapter and cable.

Source(s): My GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB card has those ports. I run the mini HDMI to the big TV, and DVI-D to an HDMI port on a small TV, and the DVI-I with VGA adapter to a medium computer monitor. I have a newer GTX 1650 with 4 ports--3 HDMI and one DisplayPort. They all work on digital video signals.
  • Bob

most likely...........