In 3rd grade a teacher took my ipod away. I am in 8th now and I do not have the ipod basck. Is this legal?

ouch, thats too bad

I'm going to just laugh at this question. But, no, it is not legal, that is theft.

This is a question that you should have asked 5 years ago.

It's 2019. Do you even want your ipod back?

The justice system cannot help you. The police won't be able to do anything against a teacher who took your iPhone five years ago. But there are others out there. Those who have been wronged in this way. We will reclaim our stolen iPods. Next meeting in West Potomac Park in Washington, D.C., by the bridge near the George Mason Memorial. SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS.

• Joe

I have your ipod. I will never give it back. 

ask your domestic rule maker,

yer maw,we have no idear who done what

You have left this way too late.  A teacher took something off me once and my mother was in the principal’s office the very next morning demanding it back.  I never had anything taken off me again.  

Back in 1993 my sister's teacher took her home alone 2 lost in New York tape. She was confronted by my parents who called her out over it.

My parents didn't fight enough to get the tape back. 

This is why school systems should be reformed. 

• P

As a minor you don't have rights.  Your parents would have had to ask for it within a reasonable amount of time and the school would have had to give it back.  Now who knows where it could be.