asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 3 weeks ago

why do people like to post pictures of their life on Face book? is this mostly showing off? why they do that?

which kinds like that? why or why are they like that? which kinds arent like that?

so you think that most people put things on face book to make others feel jealous and therefore "bad"? and that it is like bullying ?  bulleys are on facebook mostly? and those that are not "Bully's" are not on facebook? why?

Favorite Answer

Well, the purpose of face book is as you said. To share what’s going on in your life. And you gotta respect it, but I totally agree with that. People are a little excessive and it seems as if they are showing off. This is due to either excessive pride (hubris) or insecurity. They feel that if people see that one thing they did and feel jealous or envious, they will feel better. They are hurt in the inside or have low self esteem, and making others feel bad is how they feel better. It’s the same thing with bullying, which is completely unrelated. Just know that your better than that on the inside and don’t ever let it get to you. Use it as an example of what not to do. Hang in there brother

• 3 weeks agoReport

I guess it's just their socialising style. It makes sense if they post pictures to share with family and friends. It encourages conversation and shares memories.

I dont have an answer sorry.

It's not for philosophical reasons, it's for psychological and social reasons, so once again WRONG FORUM. Take it to the Social Sciences category. 

Narcissism has no bounds. I myself stay away from sites like Facebook and Instagram because I know once that information is out there then there is no reeling it back in, not ever.

• My main purpose of showcasing myself on facebook, is to connect with like minded individuals. Secondly, I am there for the information sharing, just like the reason why I have been on yahoo answers for 14yrs. I am more here to learn than to seek attention, but I like both. :c)

they're just show offs and annoying too.

I mean its very popular these days and of course they want to show out but I mean sometimes it can't be a bad thing. you could like your friends pictures and see how they live or chat.

• Wundt

Don't like it, quite Facebook

New age "keeping up with the Joneses".

• 3 weeks agoReport