My 8 month belly button piercing hurts ?

I’ve had my belly button for 8 months and I’ve cleaned it 2-3 times every day with sea salt spray. But recently I didn’t clean it one night. Could it be infected? It’s sore and the bottom is red and the one side is swollen and it just looks gross. Someone help please 

Update:

Also. It doesn’t really pus, only a little bit. And when it does it’s a really light yellow 

Attachment image

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Laura
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

It sounds like your piercing isn't done healing yet.  This is pretty normal. 

I would stop just spraying sea salt solution on the piercing and start doing full soaks using sterile gauze pads.  Saturate a sterile gauze pad with the saline solution and hold it on the piercing for 5 - 10 mins.  Do this 2 times a day. 

• ...Show all comments
    • Laura
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

I would use the sterile gauze pads, any thing else will leave behind little bits of fluff or fuzz and it isn't clean so you would just be putting bacteria onto the healing wound, which is the opposite of what you want to do.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 weeks ago

looks good on hear

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Make a simple call 📞 Where  you had it done

• Yea, it probably is infected. I'd try to clean it more often and keep an eye on it. If it doesn't start to feel better, then I'd go to the shop you got it done at and see what they say. (I've had mine for 10+ years and never had a problem)

• Jen1 month agoReport

Do you think I’ll have to take it out? I love my piercing 😩

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Sure could be. Seas salt spray? Try hydrogen peroxide.

• Jen1 month agoReport

I thought I wasn’t supposed to use hydrogen peroxide? 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.