I noticed some losers on this website badmouthing The South and Southern people! Yawn! Boring! Don't they know when to give up? Don't they?

know we are proud to be from The South and we don't care what they think of us??? What is so great about the miserable city or state they live in? They talk as if they're living in Paradise!

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Your region suffers from some history that is dubious to a lot of people. But that image is changing and in fact many are now flocking to the south because of its warm weather and lower costs of living.

• 4 weeks ago

hood yo u keepin it nuttin but real

• 4 weeks ago

If you don't care what people think of you why are you yelling at them to STOP badmouthing the South?

• 4 weeks ago

You are really confused . You need to get over this persecution complex you have. Everyone loves the south. Movies have been famous just because it is in the south. Disney has THE SONG OF THE SOUTH...Southern Belles are THE women of the nation and southern men are thought of AS THE TOUGH REBEL...I so many ways the south is adored. But your missing it all . You know when someone is a happy person anywhere they are is PARADISE.....if someone is miserable everywhere but where they are is paradise. It is inside of you , everything is ....will you ever see it? If you do will you see yourself happy or miserable? YOU are the only one who cares as well , so you best had better get with the program , you wasting your time here trying to get anyone to care.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Okay, okay, let's get real. First, the South has to be defined--it seems many people have different definitions of the location. Part of this is geographic; part of this is cultural. Personally, I prefer the term Sunbelt as it stretches from the Southeastern US coast to Arizona and involves many of the social, cultural, and demographic changes occurring over the past 50 or so years in that area. Some of these places have changed dramatically, others more slowly. There are many transplants to the area and images of even 20 years ago can be so seriously out of date to the point of being unrecognizable with current reality. I grant you all of that. 

There are, however, locations which have been slower to change. That is why it is difficult to make a blanket statement about the whole region. What may be still somewhat true for a small town in Southern Alabama (where few people move), may be almost alien to a Phoenix, Dallas, Houston, Atlanta or Miami which welcomes people from all over the world. People who do make those stereotypical statements have often not traveled to the area, or have not traveled beyond a few confines. Still the Sunbelt still has gaps in wealth and poverty, education and attainment. Recognizing we still have work to do in those areas, is facing painful facts which, I might add, are not unique problems to the Sunbelt. Shrinking and dying cities in other parts of the US offer little comfort. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.