Paint cracking on walls. I painted my dining room 2 years ago. The walls were already painted so I rubbed them down and gave 2 coats.?

I used matt paint. From a distance you cant see the cracks or what liiks like the beginning of flaking. It looks like its flaking right back to the bare plaster so it's taking all coats of previous paint off too. Any idea what's caused this??

Since all of the paint is cracking and peeling you may have a moisture problem. If just the paint you applied were cracking or peeling them it could well be poor surface preparation. 

If it's an epoxy it could be stronger than the paint under it. When it contracts it rips the bottom layer of paint right off the surface of the plaster. Done it at work many times...

Likely there was a coat of grease on the original wall. Some TSP should work to clean it off, but you will have to scrape away all the layers that are flaking off, in order to get to the one that is making the others not adhere.