BREAKING: Trump lose in federal court, again, laptops, phones, can not be searched at the border, thoughts?

• don

Liberal "judges" don't give a damm about our national security or the law. They do what the communists at the DNC order them to do.They should all be tried for treason !

Searches are still allowed with 'reasonable suspicion', be interesting to see how that spins out and how easy they can get a warrant but it's definitely better than the previous status quo. 

You are FALSELY attributing policies to Trump.

I know I wouldn't like it personally if my equipment was searched, but I don't know if that's a good enough reason not to, especially with so many people coming and going from all over the world.

Care to share WHICH border so you make slightly more sense?

As usual you're lying. The contents of the software could never be searched without reasonable suspicion.  The phones and laptops can most certainly be searched. One of our officers just took 2 kilos out of a boat computer. Flagged from Liberia. And reasonable suspicion can be applied very liberally. The ruling means nothing.

• P

The ruling hasn't changed the current policy in action at the borders and won't unless the higher court refuses an appeal which is unlikely.   My thoughts are that it makes a nice headline, but since it doesn't change anything its pointless until the supreme courts decides on it. 

It will make it easier to get my videos I shot in Thailand into the country

Sounds like a good decision.

Well, they can be searched if they suspect digital contraband so now I'm wondering if they're just going to assume everyone is a digital smuggler or something