Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 month ago

What happens when an agent accepted a manuscript? Does the author have to travel to meet them in person?

Favorite Answer

No, the author doesn't. In fact, I had this same question when my manuscript was taken on by an agent. I happened to be headed to NYC anyway, so while I was there they agreed to see me, but it's not at all necessary. You can do everything by mail and email, and, if it all works out OK, then by money transfer into your account from the publisher.

That is up to your agent and you. ASK them.

• Athena

Not necessarily.

Many contracts are discussed electronically these days.

No. Everything can be done by email. You will need to sign a contract, so you might need a scanner at some point. 

They might have to. The first hurdle to clear is hoping that the agent thinks it's good enough to talk about. If they don't think it can be marketed then the best case scenario is that you'll receive a rejection letter or email.