Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 4 weeks ago

Which laptop is the better deal?

1. i3 (8th gen), 8GB RAM, 128SDD, 15.6" Touchscreen $279

2. i5 (8th), 8GB RAM, 256SDD, 15.6" Touchscreen $349

I would suggest you to get i9 (9th Gen) but for the above list, i5 (8th gen) 8 GB RAM is good comparatively. As good the processor is the performance of laptop gets increased. and the price is not that expensive ($349). To enjoy the good performance of Laptop you need to consider spending good money. 

seeing as the year is 2019 almost 2020 I would personally not buy any laptop/pc that has lower than an i5 at least, so #2 would be a better deal

• Donna

I think the i5 is even though it costs more.

The second has a faster processor and twice the storage space for storing programs and data.

If all you are going to be doing is surf the Internet, doing Facebook, plays vids and music, and maybe writing some papers, the first one will neet your needs.  If you find in the future you need additional storage space, you can get USB storage sticks for $20. 

If you are wanting to do more demanding things like edit videos, play games or will need to store lots of documents and data, you would want the second computer.

Keep in mind that you can easily add memory or add an external device for additional HD storage.  But you can NOT upgrade the processor in most laptops.  You will be stuck with whichever processor you purchase.

Depends on what that laptop will be used for now and in the near future.  In future years, prices on similar choices could be much lower or higher or the same.  A lot depends on trade with China and any possible tariffs that might continue or arise.  It is uncertain now.

The i5 is a better deal.

Well officially the 2nd is better because of its DD. but in my opinion its a bit to expensive for such a deal so I would recommend the 1st.

• Dze

i'd prolly get the i5 ..