Caitlin asked in HealthOther - Health · 3 weeks ago

Should I go to the health center or is it just a cold (virus)?

Hi guys! I ve been sick for about a 5 days now, which is pretty normal except the cold has settled right in my throat. I was unable to talk for 3 days and now I m able to talk again but I sound sick and feel like I have something stuck in my throat. The symptoms have generally not subsided and I ve been taking cold medicine, drinking tea, taking throat losanges. I'm not sure whether I should go to the health center at my school because the symptoms haven't subsided and it doesn't seem to be moving anywhere and I still can't talk well.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

You should go to the doctor, if you feel you need to see a doctor. How hard is that to figure out??

• 3 weeks ago

If you've been sick for five days with no noticeable improvement, go to the health center!  Sure, it could be a cold virus.  It could be that the virus and postnasal drip have cause laryngitist.  The best you can do for those are treating the symptoms.  Still it is good to know.  It is also possible that a cold has created the environment for an additional bacteria infection that could be treat by antibiotics.  Find out.   

• 3 weeks ago

I suggest you do. If you don't get better after 3 days, schedule an appointment. If you do get better, you can always cancel

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

We have this .virus in the UK. , mine lasted for over a month. It settles in the throat and my nose was very wet. Drink plenty and wait it out. You won't get antibiotics for it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

When my throat acts up I gargle mouthwash that has alcohol in it.

• Faith
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

It sounds like it's time to see a doctor. Most normal healthy people feel better after 5 days.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.