8 weeks since I’ve given birth and still no period?

I am not breastfeeding either as I’ve heard that that can delay your period. I breastfed for the first week but since then have been formula/bottle feeding. When will I get my first period, is this normal?

Favorite Answer

I'm 7 months PP and I recently just got my period. Your period delays even more if you're breastfeeding... don't worry, you'll get it back. Every woman is different and get their periods back at different times.

• GB

So you stopped breastfeeding because you wanted your periods to return? Just enjoy not having them.

• Maggie1 month agoReport

Did I say anywhere in my question that that was the reason why I stopped breastfeeding??? Lol what an idiot

• sarah

Yup, this is normal. It kind of just varies from woman to woman. I didn't have a period for almost three months after I had my daughter, and I think that was only because it was my first placebo week after starting birth control.

Gaaaa 8 weeks is Nothing, you could go several month, your doctor is supposed to tell you these things, mine did.  Either you did not listen or he really did not tell you.

Yes it is normal. One would think you have had or soon will have a post natal doctor appointment, where you can get your questions answered. It can take several months for your hormones to level out and your cycle gets back to normal.

• Pippin

You are still within the normal range.  No worries.