Should I audition for American Idol or X Factor? ?

I’m a 24-year-old guy and I have been a musician ever since I learned to play piano when I was 5. I can play the piano, guitar, drums, saxophone, etc, but my best talent is my singing. I’m very humble with my music abilities and don’t brag, but I do get great feedback on it (I have my own YouTube channel dedicated to my covers).

Anyway, I’m very interested in auditioning for a singing competition and I’d love to try either X Factor or American Idol. Winning isn’t that important to me; I just want to get my name out there and entertain others. But it would be nice! 

I think X Factor is more popular, but American Idol is a classic. Which show do you think I should be a contestant on? I’d appreciate any advice!

Thank you :) 

Favorite Answer

Its free, take a stab at it bro power to your elbow. ;-)

yeah dude go for it!!! do all of them

• Frank

Dude...anyone can sing. Stop making it out to be something unique or interesting or entertaining. You WILL NOT SUCCEED at making a living at it. Only the rarest of the rare ever do. I am talking a FRACTION of 1%.

If you want exposure...Youtube it. Or whatever online outlet you want.

You just said "WINNING IS NOT IMPORTANT" to you..."NEXT!!" is all the producers are going to scream when the BYPASS YOU.

Advice...DON'T BOTHER.

• jonathan4 weeks agoReport

Thank you. But you’re wrong. I’m still going to pursue this and do my best. It’s pessimistic people like you who just push me even harder. So I do thank you! 

You should research the process of each show and choose which you would prefer.