Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 4 weeks ago

Why does my mother like belittling me?

She'll ask for help, give me an impossible job, stand over me in front of the whole street, tell me I'm doing it wrong till I quit then say i can't follow instructions like I'm an idiot because I don't know which branch she wants cutting and which branch she doesn't want cutting down today.

• Kathy
    Favorite Answer

The next time she asks you to do something like that, tell her to do it herself, or hire someone to do it for her.

• 4 weeks agoReport

She won't, her house looks the same as when she moved in, the garden is a mess, all the other houses in the street look modern, she won't do anything for herself.

I was married for 40.5 years and my wife always did the pruning and, told me which were THE WEEDS.  I suggest you try to work out a similar arrangement with mom, if you can't then disappear....

• 4 weeks agoReport

All the other men in the street get the autonomy to do things as they see fit, they don't have a 70 years old woman standing over them.