Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 4 weeks ago

Do you find it annoying when strangers come up and make small chat before their ulterior motive?

Like begging for money or religion

• Jake

A person can be more patient and Christlike by reciting the rosary every day with care.

• Babs

Yes, it's annoying. I used to try to politely shut them down and send them on their way. These days, I'm less polite about it. 

Yes. In fact I try to speak first to head them off.

Yes.  That's why when I try to convert somebody, I usually start with "Shut up while I try to convert you."

That way they know my motives.  ;)

Charm is a deceiver.... I try not to be charming at all.

Rather, I am always kind, respectful and up-front.

Now sit there, shut up and look good, while I try to convert you.

(Would you rather I 'tolerate' you, or respect you and love you enough to tell you your life is in danger?)  The building is on fire. You think you'll be perfectly safe. The fireman is trying to show you only way out. Is it right to let you perish? Should I tolerate your belief and the fact that you will die? Is your ego so fragile I can't tell you what I know?

If you think you have enough information to form an opinion about something, you won't be open to anything new. You have to put your biases and preconceived notions aside to hear what I'm telling you: beliefs are dangerous things... beliefs KILL people.

"Follow me." the fireman says. "I am the way and the truth and the life."  

The building is on fire (!!!!!).

"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." That exclusive statement by Jesus rules out all man-made efforts to get to God, and therefore, ultimately, heaven. 

The way to God is a PERSON, not a religion. 

"I am the way." 

"I am the door." 

"I am the gate." 

Test these claims Jesus made about Himself. He is the only way into God's Kingdom: Jesus is the one and only real-life PORTAL into this spiritual dimention... a fourth dimention. His kingdom on earth. 

The cross is a spiritual 'black hole' for the world's sins, crimes and evil. 

Any organization that makes the (ridiculous) claim "You need Jesus PLUS US to get to heaven." is not from God. Jesus is all you will ever, ever need. 

"Come to me all you who are burdened and weary and I will give you rest for your souls. Take My yoke upon you; for My burden is easy, and My yoke is light." 

Do this and live..

Do it today.

Tomorrow may be too late. 

• Babs
      4 weeks agoReport

Theists always tell me "The building is on fire (!!!!!)." However, every time I try to verify that claim, there is never any evidence of a "fire" at all.

I'm a Christian.

Last time I was in Manhattan, a group of Christians had megaphones and signs proclaiming Jesus Christ.  I personally don't do that myself, and I wonder how effective it really is in the moment.

However, just down the block, you had topless girls in thong bikinis getting body painted in front of families and tourists.

• Jeff

Life in the Big City!