Native English speakers, could you please help me with these issues?
1. What word would you use to say the opposite of 'nice', to characterize a person?
2. Is 'surly' a commonly used word?
- Jake No ChatLv 73 weeks agoFavorite Answer
opposite of nice is nasty (or rude, or bad)
- reme_1Lv 73 weeks ago
I think that unpleasant might be much better word. Surly is more for bad tempered, sullen or rude which is pretty strong for a word opposite of nice.
- JohnLv 73 weeks ago
The answers are all good. I would go with "mean" though.
- bluebellbkkLv 73 weeks ago
I think Alan's not very nice.I don't think Alan's very nice.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- SandyLv 73 weeks ago
1. "Unpleasant" could be used as the opposite of "nice".
2. I don't hear people use "surly" often.