John asked in Cars & TransportationAircraft · 3 weeks ago

I'm in U.K and want to train and qualify as a helicopter pilot. Where is the best place to do that fairly quickly and what sort of cost?

I am thinking that a short intensive course would be best as I have a lot of free time at the moment.

I have about £35,000 available but have an apartment that could be sold for about £90,000 if necessary.

After qualifying where is the best place to get work (any flying work) in order to build up the flying hours ?

Thanks

( The RAF is not an option - I am too old for that )

The Outer Hebrides  

£350 an hour 

The problem you will have is that most pilot jobs are taken by pilots leaving

the forces  who have a large number of hours.

• if you're relatively young and healthy, getting licensed and educated (in a traditional 4 year schooling sense) will potentially cost you your savings and apartment. on the other hand, you'd probably make that back in a handful of years if you're confident you have the intellectual skills and time to learn.

• no. but it's based on my cousin's trajectory. he wanted a normal flight license first. the traditional way is to get a Bachelor's degree then work for a smaller carrier. then to train for helo. but for your method, i don't know. i'd worry about chances to hire with no convent piloting experience.

• Bob

Google flight schools near you ?