Is he breaching the restraining order?

Hi my ex went to prison we had a domestic he's out early on tag.he contacted me the day he got out.but i did write him a letter for some closure saying sorry I cheated and I did love him and all the best.is it still classed as breach of me contacted me the day he got out?

• Josa

The members who said you both broke it are correct however, if he was in for a while usually the courts will drop the order because he is not a threat to you while in prison and once he makes parole the D,A, will reinstate the order.  Normally orders aren't carried over for more than a year.  Are you sure your order is still in effect.   Check the dates on the order.    

Source(s): supervisor of a domestic violence project for 10 years

If there is a restraining order.. You BOTH breached it.

Restraining orders work BOTH ways.

Both of you violated the restraining older.  You for writing the letter and he contacting you. 

You aren't worried about the fact that YOU breached the order by sending him the letter?

• Maxi

So you ignored the restaining order first.......... sounds like you deserve each other

Unless the restraining order was lifted at some point, he would be in violation.

• Gemma4 weeks agoReport

The order is on till next year 6 th Oct 2020