Is he breaching the restraining order?

Hi my ex went to prison we had a domestic he's out early on tag.he contacted me the day he got out.but i did write him a letter for some closure saying sorry I cheated and I did love him and all the best.is it still classed as breach of me contacted me the day he got out?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Josa
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

The members who said you both broke it are correct however, if he was in for a while usually the courts will drop the order because he is not a threat to you while in prison and once he makes parole the D,A, will reinstate the order.  Normally orders aren't carried over for more than a year.  Are you sure your order is still in effect.   Check the dates on the order.    

Source(s): supervisor of a domestic violence project for 10 years
  • 4 weeks ago

If there is a restraining order.. You BOTH breached it.

Restraining orders work BOTH ways.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Both of you violated the restraining older.  You for writing the letter and he contacting you. 

• 4 weeks ago

You aren't worried about the fact that YOU breached the order by sending him the letter?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

So you ignored the restaining order first.......... sounds like you deserve each other

• 4 weeks ago

Unless the restraining order was lifted at some point, he would be in violation.

• Gemma4 weeks agoReport

The order is on till next year 6 th Oct 2020

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.