My digital art is low resolution for required size, what do I do?

I did several digital pictures and would like to make them into A4 prints but when I upload they say it is low resolution and pictures will lose quality an to order a smaller size but unfortunately I require A4 is there anything I can do to sort this problem?

• qrk

Is your digital art a photograph or a vector image on a graphics program? 

If it's a vector image, you need to set the DPI to at least 300 dpi, or larger, when you render to a photo image file (jpeg, png, ...).

• keerok

A4 is around 9MP at 300DPI. Your drawing must be around 2500x3600px.

First things first. WHY are your digital photos of such a low resolution? Practically any camera in existence in the last several years has enough resolution to make an A4 print. Do you have your camera set to a lower than maximum resolution? If so, then your first goal is to change that. NEVER shoot at anything less than maximum size and highest quality. You can always downsize later with no problems, but you cannot always make the digital file larger after the fact.

All you can do now is try to increase the file size in a good software program. Go to Google and you can find many. Don't expect miracles, but if your original file size is not TOO small, you should be able to enlarge it to A4 size with decent quality.

• Frank

Usually the only thing you can do is take another shot with a higher-resolution camera.  You can try resizing software such as the one by On1 - https://www.on1.com/products/resize/

If the trial version doesn't work, then you have no other option other than to take another photo.