are Jehovas witnesses christians?

60 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

O mankind, indeed We have created you from male and female and made you peoples and tribes that you may know one another. Indeed, the most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you. Indeed, Allah is Knowing and Acquainted.

• 1 month ago

We try our best as Jesus taught how we should & could.

1 Peter 2:

*** Bible Citations *** 

21 In fact, to this course you were called, because even Christ suffered for you, leaving a model for you to follow his steps closely

22 He committed no sin, nor was deception found in his mouth. 

23 When he was being insulted, he did not insult in return. When he was suffering, he did not threaten, but he entrusted himself to the One who judges righteously. 

24 He himself bore our sins in his own body on the stake, so that we might die to sins and live to righteousness. And “by his wounds you were healed" 

*** Bible Citations ***

Psalms 19: 

""11 By them your servant has been warned; In keeping them, there is a large reward. 12 Who can discern mistakes? Pronounce me innocent from sins I am unaware of. ""13 And hold your servant back from presumptuous acts; Do not let them dominate me. Then I will be complete, And innocent of blatant sins "

• 1 month ago

Yes, we are! As a matter of fact we are the ONLY ones following Jesus command: Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them . . . , teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you.”​—Matthew 28:19, 20.

• Thomas6 days agoReport

I must listen to your preaching. I must keep an attentive ear towards the truth, since you are God's channel of communication to me at this time.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Outside the mainstream, but not as far outside as Mormons. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

They certainly act more Christian than the protestants that I know. Same with Mormons. Never met a nicer bunch of folks. 

• ...Praising the very same deity who created the torture chamber and sent your loved one's there. To pick an unknown like deities over your own family is shunning them. 

• 1 month ago

Close enough. They deny that Jesus is Jehovah incarnate, but that's all right. Mainstream Christians deny that Jesus Christ is the creation and begotten son of God. Most churches could stand some improvement.

• daylily61
      Lv 6
      4 weeks agoReport

John 1:18  No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, WHO >> IS HIMSELF GOD AND << IS IN CLOSEST RELATIONSHIP WITH THE FATHER, has made Him known. 

• Yes, Jehovah's Witnesses are Christians, they follow Jesus Christ's example and walk in his footsteps, showing love for Jehovah God and their neighbors. They exercise faith in God and in Jesus Christ as the one Jehovah God sent forth as a ransom sacrifice for the forgiveness of sins. Nowhere in the Scriptures does it say that you must believe that Jesus is God to be a Christian.

• 1 month ago

Absolutely not.  Christians worship God  as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

For those who don't, Christianity is their *philosophy* -- not their religion.

@ Word -- Your JW-made text makes a mockery of the Bible and is considered heresy by Christian Churches.  What you haven't twisted or adulterated to support your non Christian beliefs you ignore, like this:

In the beginning was the Word [the Son] 

and the Word was with God [the Father] 

and the Word was God [God the Son] John 1:1 

And the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us. John 1:14 

Jesus, God and Man

@ Word -- That's another example of JW shoddy "scholarship." There is no "a"  in the last line of John 1:1.  There's no indefinite article in Koine Greek.  How do I know?  I spread Modern Greek fluently and I read Koine.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
    • daylily61
      Lv 6
      4 weeks agoReport

What others are there, Word, and why should anyone consider them to be confirmation that the NWT has got John 1:1 right, when so many more Bibles render John 1:1 as "Word > WAS GOD <"?

• misty
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Yes they are, all religions are cults and they are just another cult.

• 1 month ago

That depends entirely on what the definition of a Christian is. JWs claim that it means being a follower of Jesus Christ and that is what they do - they follow Jesus Christ. That is their claim, so you can understand why they get annoyed when others say, "No, you don't! You only think you do!" That charge could equally be laid at the feet of Mormons, Scientologists, many Catholics and many Protestants etc. It's a circuitous argument and gets us nowhere. It is just as pointless as claiming that being baptized makes you a Christian. We all know there are millions of people baptized into the Christian religion who are no more Christian than Hindus are Christian. 

So, I suggest that we go by what the New Testament says about the proof, or test, of being a Christian. It's in 2 Corinthians 13:5 where that Christian congregation was told, "Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realise that Christ Jesus is in you - unless, of course, you fail the test?" 

All Christians in that New Testament era knew what that meant - by the Spirit of Christ indwelling them, they had the Holy Spirit's conviction that they now belonged to Christ and would be with Him in heavenly glory. That's in Romans 8 first half and also here in Ephesians 1:13-14 which says “And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of his glory." 

Now, on the basis of JW doctrine that only 144,000 ever get that deposit - that inclusion in Christ - there can hardly be any JWs today who pass the test of being found 'in Christ'. There are around 11,000 JWs world-wide who make that claim, leaving 8 million others who do not. And they are happy at not having the Holy Spirit's indwelling assurance of going to Heaven. They don't want to go to Heaven. Whether or not JW doctrine about the 144,000 is right or wrong is not the point here. On the basis of their own beliefs, less than 1 per-cent of them today can claim to be Christians, according to that biblical definition. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.