Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 4 weeks ago

chances of being pregnant while on birth control?

i had sex with my boyfriend on the 6th. he came inside me but i’m on birth control pills that i take everyday perfectly. my period usually starts on tuesday or wednesday but i’ve not had it yet (granted it’s wednesday today) 

what are the chances of me being pregnant??? i’m freaking out i’ve had huge cramps the past 2 days. 

• .
    Favorite Answer

If you are having cramps, you are about to have a period. You will live through another period successfully.

• Pippin

The failure rate for oral contraceptives, used correctly, are less than 1% per year.

Anyone in her child bearing years can become pregnant. How the hell do we know what your chances are?

• Pippin
      4 weeks agoReport

SHe is on birth control and uses it correctly. So the chances are close to nil.

If you aren't taking the pills as directed, up to a 25% chance.

• Jill

Chances of being pregnant when you take birth control pills as directed are extremely slim. Cramps are not a pregnancy symptom. 

If you're this freaked out you probably shouldn't be sexually active.

Periods can be late for numerous reasons and birth control works wonderfully.