Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Can you strike during an economy instability?

Of course you can.  In fact that might be the best time!

Yea. I took all my money out of the stock market and put it into a money market account about 7 months before the stock market crashed in 2008 because my stock profile had an icon on my homepage that was always a bull, and one day it turned into a bear. I then put it all back in when it turned back into a bull about a year or two later. I didn't lose a dime after the crash. I actually made like $2.00 when everybody was losing their entire stock investments, and then I made a couple grand in less than a month after putting it back in. And I still laugh about the stock broker guy who was super annoying and demanding to know why I was wanting to take my money out, and being all patronizing when I told him because my icon turned into a bear, and he tried to say that it was unreasonable to rely on an icon on my computer screen and that I should keep it all in, because it would even out. Hmmm. Because I kept the profile going after taking it out, and would have lost all of it if I listened to his terrible advice. I just remember after putting it back in, thinking, I bet that guy had all his money in stocks. And I wonder who's laughing now?