Huggy asked in SportsWrestling · 4 weeks ago

Randy Orton Or Randy Savage?

Who was the better Randy? Both great and from different eras but who was the bigger star and do you think left a bigger impression on the industry?

Personally for me Orton but that could just be my generation, keen to know what others think?

Randy Savage was better.

Randy Orton the Legend Killer is more entertaining in my opinion

Savage is the better Randy than Orton in a lot of ways. Mainstream appeal, drawing power, the ability to connect with casual fans, and the promo/character.

I say Savage since he started the nwo with diesel and razor ramon

• Hector4 weeks agoReport

Are you sure? I am talking about Bash at the Beach, July 7, 1996. He was the 3rd man.

• Randy Savage. Not even close

• I've always said Macho Man Randy Savage holds a distinction that no one else in Professional Wrestling History can say: Macho Man Randy Savage beat The Nature Boy Ric Flair for World Heavyweight Championships in both The WWE and WCW. I think Macho Man had more personality than Randy Orton and really stood out in an era when Vince McMahon preferred 300lb Wrestlers.

• Candle

They're oddly both the second bill guy.  Savage always played second fiddle to Hogan (mostly because Hogan lobbied to make it that way), and Orton's always been sort of parallel Cena in his career.  They're both very talented men, both have had long stints of seemingly not trying toward the end of their careers, but if we're going overall package I'd have to say Savage beats out Orton.  Savage has range on the microphone, range in the ring, and the capacity to evolve with the times.  I feel like Orton's the same guy he was in his prime, both in the ring and on the microphone.  Sure he got new music and gyrates like a demented pervert before RKOs now, but outside of that not much has changed since Evolution.  I'd also argue that Savage is more of a household name due to his pop culture influence outside of wrestling as an actor, a Slim Jim representative, and a voice actor.  Macho's iconic, and while Orton will most definitely go down in the record books as one of the last big draws in wrestling, I don't think his star power reaches past the borders of the cerulean  squared circle.