Need I be worried about my flat screen TV having a slight damage or defect?

I purchased the tv 6 weeks ago. I have 90 days to return or exchange it however.

But I was watching TV last night, and I noticed that around the edge near the upper panel or border, there is white light shining through the screen. It is almost as if the border or the panel has become separated from the screen.... As if the screen was pushed in , and broke away from the panel which held it in place at the top.

It's kind of a distraction to watch TV with the white light shining through at the top.

I provided a picture for you to see what I mean. If you look at the top of the screen.

• Sky
    Favorite Answer

I would recommend that you take the TV back for replacement.  Something is defective if you can see light around the border like that.  The only light you should ever see is whatever light the pixels allow through for the purpose of forming the picture.

Is it a warranty? I recommend exchanging it.

Exchange it.

Exchange it.