Are there any new 5.45x39 AK's still being imported or made in America?

Does anybody know of any company still importing or manufacturing AK-74's in America anymore, it seems all the popular models have either been banned or just discontinued over the past few years.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

The popularity of the 5.45x39mm AK (AK-74) has waned a bit because the supply of cheap ammo initially dried up due to a ban because of an ATF technicality.   Cheap bulk 5.45x39mm ammo was imported and had steel cores (7.62x39mm is generally not steel cored).  Then one day some company decided that they would create a Draco version of AK-74 (i.e., an AK-74 pistol).   And then BLAM, the ATF said 5.45x39mm is now handgun ammunition, and BLAM steel core 5.45x39mm can no longer be imported because of a law banning import of armor piercing ammo for handguns.  You can still get imported commercial non-steel core 5.45, but not any cheaper than 5.56mm, and since 5.56mm is generally more prevalent there is really little advantage in getting anything in 5.45mm.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I don't think so

daniel g, glacierwolf, bear crap, and falconry2 are dumb

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

we gotta terrorist here, inform homeland security. 

• 1 month ago

Yes there should be.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Guns are very dangerous and will be illegal on December 1st. Seizing will be December 2nd-23rd.

• 1 month ago

Yes. You really need to learn how to google. Try it. AK74 for sale. You will get a number of sources.

• Gage1 month agoReport

I know there are still plenty of individual AK-74's available on the market, albeit at a considerably high price. What I'm wondering about is if there are still any being imported or manufactured in mass.

• 1 month ago

Get a proper hunting rifle, not a 'spray and pray' weapon

• Gary
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Absolutely not. Weapons are being phased out.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.