Has anyone committed to using laptops over desktop pcs? Why would you prefer laptops if so?

• Lv 7

laptops are better if it needs to be portable, or you want to be able to move it around your mansion.

desktops are more powerful, more customizable, and easier to find parts and upgrades for.

I have bought several laptops in distant past, and recently.  Years ago, I needed portability.  Not now.  Lately I have bought laptops with touch screens that seem to be a bit better for my uses.  I like the convertible ones where the screen folds down over the keyboard, making a more compact unit.  This suits the software I run.

I have several all-in-one computers for both Windows and MacOS, and a lot of desktops for Windows and Linux (or similar operating systems).  But the touch screen laptops are nice to use.

Source(s): Using computers since 1962. Building, upgrading and repairing PC boxes and even a few laptops for several decades. College computer classes instructor.
    • Ray3 weeks agoReport

wow you've been using computers since 1962? must be NSA/military

• John

I can take my laptop to any room or outside to the patio and still be connected to the wifi.

• Enigma

laptops are portable. you can take them anywhere there is wifi and get on line.

I haven't and don't plan on doing so. The only advantage a laptop has over a desktop is its portability. But that's it for me. For things like school its fine. But for more demanding things like gaming and other power-hungry tasks, laptops just don't work too well.

The added bonus of a desktop is that I can easily replace and fix hardware. On a laptop, the majority of the hardware is proprietary and/or soldered and cannot be fixed. A damaged connector or connection may mean that the entire motherboard has to be replaced, which can be very expensive.

• Ray3 weeks agoReport

So only for games? you don't use the computer for important stuff like work?