Why are military people always in uniform at the air port? Is it rule or are they trying to get free stuff?

23 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

their occupation,ya wanted to wear painters overalls?

• The question is generic as your name.

• Kyle
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

they might be traveling on duty and don't have time to change.

though you don't have to be in uniform to get special services like boarding early.  you just need a valid military ID

• 1 month ago

They are NOT always in uniform at the airport. You just don't know they are military when they are not in uniform. There are rules about when they can wear their uniform off base. When you see them in uniform at an airport, it is likely they are traveling to a new posting an arguably on duty.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

I'm active Military.  What kind of "free stuff" am I missing out on?

• 1 month ago

most military people do not travel in uniform

• 1 month ago

Some are Stolen Valor who claim to have been in combat in 1978-1984.  lol

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

For every person you see in uniform at a major airport, there are probably 10 that aren't in uniform.

Many of them are people that either just finished basic and are headed to training for their jobs, or going from there to their first base.

Some are people that are going TDY for a short trip and might be going straight to or straight from a briefing or work.  Or they are trying to minimize luggage and are wearing their uniform (those damn boots take up a lot of space in a carry-on if that is all you want to bring).

Some are going to or from a deployment or pre-deployment training and have minimal (if any) civilian clothes with them.

Some just want to get on a plane first, get a first class upgrade, or get some other freebie (and yes my Commonwealth friends, this DOES happen in the US).  

• Mike W
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I have seen people travelling in uniform, but not that many.  I never traveled in uniform, even for official travel, and I did plenty of that.  

• 1 month ago

it might be a rule

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.