Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 4 weeks ago

I am 45, can I still freeze my eggs? How is it done? by local anestesia?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Andy C
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

It's very likely that 45 is too late for healthy eggs to be harvested.

Do what we did and get a ova donor.

• 3 weeks ago

I don't see why not. The risk for birth defects after 35 are about 1%. As for the anesthesia used, Idk.

• As Mad As Birds
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

The age you're using as an example is even ten years off. That's an eternity in the fertility world.

• you can still have otherwise healthy Autism babies.

• M.P.
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

You can still do it but be aware of the high frequency of nondisjunction which is increased by the female's age. Older women are more at risk of this (due to old eggs) and it raises the risk of down's syndrome. Older fathers are at risk of passing on autism to offspring. Your best bet (once you decide to activate your eggs, is to pair with a much younger sperm donor, to decrease the frequency of age related genetic disorders.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

i dont see why not, i would ask your doctor about it

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

If you're able to produce eggs at age 45, the odds of them turning into live babies are slim to none. You'd be better off throwing your money into a river and watching it float.

It's done with stimulating drugs and a minor surgical procedure under general anesthesia ...if there is anything to retrieve.

• Actually, the risk of those embryos developing defects is 1% after 35. Learn to read statistics.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.