Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

Polls n Surveys : Please help me this is urgent. Should I answer him or not?

Okay so we just agreed with my boyfriend to take a break from the relationship. A break, not a breakup. Though after an argument. ( And other arguments the past days) And he was the one more doubtful (that the relationship will last) while I am more neutral and open-ended about it. But after all this ( we decided to end it tonight and not talk until a couple weeks ) but I saw that he sent me a friend request ( and I still don't know if I should accept or decline) I don't know if I should answer him. Bc I don't know why he would add me as a friend unless he wants to talk or something. Maybe he regrets it but isn't it too early to regret it? Because we literally just stopped talking today. I, however, want to think peacefully and calmly and not make decisions based on emotions. So I am not sure now to accept or not..or even answer him... I want to do things carefully and if someone could help me out I would really appreciate it :)

I don't want to hurt him, or allow him to hurt me ,that's all.  ( Or anyone for that matter ) 

@Rowan

The reason is complicated actually. Both of us like each other but we have communication problems a lot ( not understanding each other) and also our ways of life are very different. We thought of breaking up a lot before but because of the feelings we always got back. ( Its been on-and-off a lot lol...) And sorry but if you can help me out Iwould be grateful but otherwise I don't want to hear any rude comments :) thanks 

• Foofa

Accept the friend request but don't contact him. Give him time to sort through his feelings.

I would decline the invitation, give him a chance to miss you.

• Rowan

OK, one thing you didn't say here was why you broke up. I generally think two young people can usually work things out, and there's always going to be problems. Then again, I barely even met a woman in my whole life who seemed to have a logical brain cell in her head.