Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 1 month ago

Would you resent someone for euthanizing their 15 year old cat because they didnt want to pay a $600 vet bill?

• patty

adopt the cat then and pay the bill

I detest those owners. 600 is a lot but the love from the cat is more valuable.

• Anna
      4 weeks agoReport

Cats are NEVER "just" cats obviously but as you love cats like me you know that.

No. That would be ridiculous and also none of my business. Not my cat, not my finances, and not my decision or place to question why it was done.

• Joe

I resent you for not giving them six hundred dollars for that cats life.

• Ocimom

No.  The cat is old and they felt they couldn't afford putting out that much money.  Its about the quality of life, the person's finances and other things that go into that decision - not just about the $$$.

• PAMELA

It is nothing to do with you, are you going to pay the $600?

Not unless they didn't use a shock collar.

• odd

Spent $3000 once on a 15 year old dog with an obstructed bladder (stones). The dog was a dear family pet. It seemed worth it at the time, but the dog was never the same after the surgery. We put it down 18 months later. It's your pet, your decision, but 15 years is a pretty ripe old age for a cat (or a dog).

depends on what was wrong with the cat, they have pet insurance around too

• Linda

No. I'm in the same boat and I know how you feel.