Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 3 weeks ago

How do I get help with my depression?

I’m 18 and I need help!!! I’m convinced I suffer from severe depression but how do I go about getting help from my depression? Do I go into the emergency room? Do I schedule a regular doctors appointment, what?? I need help ASAP 

• Dejair

Besides the medicine, work in yourself with desire, direction, and purpose to the happiness . The path of harmonization is good for anyone .

• Papa-G

The number of teenagers being diagnosed with depression is increasing at an alarming rate. What can be done about the problem?

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/awake-no1-...

• Mike

You start with your family doctor. He will prescribe you an anti depressant if he thinks it's uncomplicated (without personality disorder or several illnesses combined)he will also recommend therapy. If its complicated he will refer you to a Psychiatrist who is trained in mental illness. 

• Kyle

ER is for life threatening emergencies.  go see your doctor first.  depending on your health insurance, your doctor may recommend a therapist as well.  be honest with your doctor.  if it's hard to say it, write it down first and show it.  they can't help you if you don't tell them what you think might be wrong.  bring a close friend for moral support if you need it.

good luck.

Start with a regular doctors appointment, unless you feel that you may cause harm to yourself or others then go to the emergency room