I’m a beginner... I have 2 4ohm subs and a 2 channel (bridgeable) amp how do I know if I need to bridge my subs?

The amp is a kenwood 1000w 

The subs are kicker 15 comps

• don r

Take a look in your owner's manuals. You need the rms watt spec for the speakers and for the amp. You can connect one speaker to each amp output as long as you don't have a total impedance lower than the amp's stability, thereby not needing to bridge the amp. If you want a better answer, tell us the amp specs- RMS watts, stability, and the speaker specs RMS watts and you already told us they'r 4 OHM. I know you said that Kenwood was a 1000 watt amp, but let's qualify their power measure. Do not give a speaker more power than it's rated to handle.

Doesn't really matter.  You can just hook them up normally, with one per channel, or you can bridge the amp with the subs wired in series.  The power from the amp will be the same, and the sound will likely be indistinguishable.

IF you had 2 ohm subs (or dual voice coil 4 ohm subs) and could wire them for a 4 ohm load you'd get more power from the amp.  In your case, there's nothing to gain.

• Rick

bridging the amp would give you mono, NOT stereo sound ............