Books as presents ?

I'm looking for a book for my girlfriend she reads ALOT and loves expremely well written books ( very adulty ). I want to get her a book to keep her distracted while we are away for each other during ski seasons. Does anyone have any books the recommend?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Logan
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

Here's the things you need to know about buying books for people:

1. Don't if you don't know what they read

2. Know what genres they read, they're the same as film genres, find out

3. If they read series, know the authors - maybe they don't have the newest edition to the series they're reading

4. Know what they already have, a new copy of a book you already have is useless and a waste of money unless replacing an old tattered copy

5. SERIOUSLY DON'T bother buying anyone a book if you do not know what genre they read from and what level they read at - there's children's, teen's, young adult's and adult's, these levels pertain to the reading comprehension level of the audience and the level of stupid angsty bulls*t that occurs in romance novels

• 4 weeks ago

Really? Shouldn't a period be placed after "girlfriend"?, "ALOT"?, "expremely"?, "adulty"?, "keep her distracted" from what?, "away for each other"?, "ski seasons"?, (how many?), "any books the recommend"???? It seems you need to read some books on writing. Why don't you give her a gift card and allow her to select a book or books. If she reads a lot one book will not suffice for that period of time.

• 4 weeks ago

If your girlfriend really 'reads A LOT' one book isn't going to keep her distracted for longer than a couple of days, three at the most.

However that's by the way. As you don't know what books she owns, or what books she's borrowed from other people, don't try to buy an actual book, but give her a gift voucher for a book shop so she can have the fun of browsing and choosing for herself.Make it more personal by telling her you'll meet her outside the book shop after an hour and take her for a special coffee and cake.

• Andrew
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

So this girl loves reading high brow literature, but she paired herself up with somebody who thinks "adulty" is a word? 

Get her a gift certificate to a local bookshop or take her out for an afternoon and surprise her by popping in with her and telling her that she can make a few selections. 

There's no point soliciting opinions when we don't have a clue what she might like to read. For all I know, your idea of a very "adulty" book could be Jean M. Auel or Danielle Steel or something, so I'm not going to recommend that you go out and buy "The Bell Jar" or "Pride and Prejudice."  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

I don't know what type of books she likes- there are a lot of "adulty" book genres. If you know some of her favourite books, search "similar books to (title)". Getting her books she loves is very nice and personalized, but if you have doubts then get her a gift card to Chapters or Barnes and Noble. You can't go wrong with a gift card, but it's obvious that less thought was put into the gift.

• Gary
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

Books are terrible gifts. Get her AirPods Pro if you are a good boyfriend.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.