Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 3 weeks ago

Why does he not want to talk about a ring, but talks about marriage and sharing expenses?

Met this guy online who would like to see how our dating goes after 2-3 months and then if all goes well, get married by next June. He was also honest to say that he needs citizenship. But I think maybe he really wants to settle down because he wants us to move in together after marriage and split household expenses. He also shared how much he makes, etc. However, when I ask if we can get a ring after 3 months, he skipped answering and just says see how everything goes first. 

9 Answers

Relevance
  • drip
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Well if this isn’t a troll post. 

Try dating for two years then talk about marriage. 

You don’t get engaged after three months of dating.

And once married his money is your and your money is his. You are in a partnership. Your mo eh is pooled. You don’t split things like roommates do.

Sorry but neither of you is ready for a marriage. 

You do sit down and write out a budget together.

And sorry to be blunt, but you are an idiot to marry this guy who just wants citizenship out of you.

• Lita
    Lv 6
    2 weeks ago

Because you are pressuring him.

• 3 weeks ago

How the heck are strangers on the internet supposed to know what he is thinking? Address your question to HIM. He is the only person who knows the answer.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Have you thought he might be using you to get a visa?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

Any marriage related questions are a red flag when you haven't even got a relationship. Whole scenario is ridiculous! Stop being silly and find someone normal

• 3 weeks ago

Please, PLEASE remember that YOU have an equal say in what happens in this relationship. He can say or plan whatever he wants, but that doesn't mean you have to follow.

Why are you bothering about a precise date for a ring, by the way? Is that REALLY the most important question you have about this potentially very important relationship?

I don't think you've thought this through.

• Toby3 weeks agoReport

There is no RELATIONSHIP - its online musings is all.! Don't encourage her, you should know better!!

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

maybe he dont have the money for one

• Jon
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

Linda is right. This is a bad idea. As to why he wants to move in, it could be because marrying solely to get residency is illegal, so he has to live with you to make the relationship look real.

• Linda
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

I'm not sure but why are you talking to someone who wants to get married that soon and only wants to use you to get his green card?

• Jane3 weeks agoReport

Thanks! But why does he want to move in together?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.