Why are these fresh jalapenos not hot, at all?

Are there different types that are not hot. I usually eat them from a bottle (like 3 bottle a week)

But this time I bought fresh ones.

• Sparky

Are you sure they aren't gherkins?

• Darren4 weeks agoReport

Yup, I like to eat pickles when I eat the jalapenos and sometimes cheese. I usually just fill a bowl with jalepeno and pickles for a snack. They look exactly like a jalepeno but taste like a bell pepper.

There is very little heat in the flesh of a green jalapeno. All that capsicum is in the membranes and seeds.

• abdul

That is often the case with fresh jalapenos from the market. No much heat at all. If heat is what you're after, buy the serranos chilis. They are the long narrow green chiles that are usually near the jalapenos. Those chilis are consistently hot.

soil and growing conditions have a lot to do with how hot peppers get and how produce tastes in general. Even in the same garden, they can vary. I did a bit of research and it looks like jalpenos are known for having varying degrees of heat. Check this out.

https://www.chilipeppermadness.com/frequently-aske...

Many peppers are more mild because they have been pollinated with a milder pepper. 

Also you may be changing..as you eat hotter and hotter peppers you don't "feel" the heat that might have seemed extreme to you a few years ago. 

• Joe

It could be the fertilizer that was used 

Some fresh are not hot but generally the smaller, the hotter. Also, peppers with dots and lines near the stem are supposedly hotter.  But if you buy them at a Mexican grocery store, They usually get the hot ones. Some stores know which growers make the hot ones

Ffffddddsssw week am so