Da
Da asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 9 months ago

I tried to microwave sweat potato, but it was crunchy. How can I made it soft (a new one)?

Thanks 

Favorite Answer

When microwaving potatoes, rinse them with water and then wrap them in microwave-safe plastic wrap. This will steam them and keep them from drying out.

My younger sister used to peel and portion the chunks of sweet potato, wrap then in plastic cling wrap and microwave until soft. They are really good that way, and no mess on the plate.

If the potato is a bit hard, wrap it in a dish towel and set it aside for a few minutes. It will continue to cook.

• denise

Microwave it for a shorter time,

A medium sized one, stabbed with a fork, should be M.waved @ 800 watts for 5-6 minutes, then split, add butter, sprinkle nutmeg. Or add cream cheese & chives.

I poke holes in sweet potatoes before i cook them, and if they are crunchy you're not cooking them long enough (but i think you already know this)

Sweet potatoes can be transformed into crispy and delicious homemade sweet potato chips in a mere 5 minutes in the microwave!

you need to microwave your SWEET potato longer, thats all.

A crunchy potato of any kind is a raw potato.

Yeah probably a new one

For a medium potato, wet it and punch holes in the skin with a fork.  Cook for four minutes on high in a 1000 microwave.  If the potato is a bit hard, wrap it in a dish towel and set it aside for a few minutes.  It will continue to cook.

When I microwave potatoes, I wrap them with a damp paper towel and check if the potato is soft every 2 to 3 minutes.