Can I have a tree service remove a tree that is on my tree lawn without the city's permission?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

call up and ask,be prepared some city govt pencil necks with pot bellies and an ID hung on blue fabric are jerks

you property means all within the boundaries of said property belong to you

• roberto
      Lv 6
      3 weeks agoReport

consult your local govt authorities sea,whatni hell you arguin with? the mouse on your shoulder?,,dope

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

WTH is a tree lawn? If it is on your property, meaning you find your property pins in the ground in the corners and that is your property.  If it is inside your property it is ALL YOUR EXPENSE. Otherwise if it is that little strip of grass between the sidewalk and the road - that is City land.  You could take out a sucker sapling but most others are planted by the city...not yours to touch.

• Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

Probably true, but worth noting that it may vary locally, where the municipality might only have an "easement" pertinent to the public right of way and not necessarily own any of the land, let alone the trees, or, alternatively, may have the right to restrict cutting of ANY trees along the road.

• 4 weeks ago

I'm pretty sure they can, but check with your city's ordinances first, or ask the tree service about it.

• 4 weeks ago

He u can hire a yard tree trimmer to trim the tree a few times until the tree passes away! Expires, goes to the next life. Did u fart 🤣

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Poppy
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

If it is the house side of the side walk, yes. Street side no. The city maintains them, you water and mow grass.

• 4 weeks ago

that depends on your city's ordinances. and since you didn't tell us where you live ... we suggest you call your council person's office and ask them

• 4 weeks ago

yes. It is your tree.

• Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

Not necessarily the complete and proper answer for all possible circumstances.

• 4 weeks ago

You will need to check with your city hall.  In my town, it requires permission to cut ANY tree - live, dead, on your property or not.  And, tree lawns and trees on them are owned by the city (and city does all tree care).

• 4 weeks ago

It depends on the city.

Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

It depends on your local city ordinances, but I've never heard of a city that forbids home owners from removing a tree on their own property -- especially when it's diseased and poses a safety risk.  If you live in a private/gated community, you may need permission from the home owners association.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.