Brian
Brian asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

How much weight can i realistically pack on my small frame muscle wise?

5ft 7" man, 155 lbs, people mock my slight build despite the fact 155 lbs isn't that light, so it has to be my small frame, but given i have a small frame, how much weight do i need on me to push this mocking aside?(most people think i weigh more like 125 lbs and have been surprised when they see me on the scales with full clothes more around 160 lbs

• Logan

You won't know until you try.  20 pounds in the first year, and half as much each subsequent year (10, 5, 2.5 , 1.25 , …)  is about the most that is possible for someone in their late teens with ideal genetics and training program.  Gaining half that amount is more common, and some gain almost nothing.  Anyone gaining more is probably using steroids.  

At 5'7 you could probably go up to about 175-180 without SERIOUSLY endangering your health. You would be overweight, but not terribly so. No one here can guess how much you would need in order to avoid mockery, because we don't know any of the people you're referring to that mock you. Where I live, no one is mocked for body type.