I’m in Missouri ?

At the dmv do I need my social security card or just the number I’m trying to get my non drivers license

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Obtaining a new ID card 

To apply for an ID, you should visit your local DOR office. 

The cost of a Missouri identification card is $11.  

Documents 

To get a state ID card in Missouri, you must provide as many of the following documents as you can:  

Completed application 

Social Security card or proof of SSN like a W-2 or 1099 

Valid U.S. passport  

Birth certificate 

Government employee ID 

Military ID 

Marriage certificate 

Certificate of Naturalization 

Paystub with your name and Social Security Number 

• 1 month ago

Yes, yes you are in Missouri.  Thank you for asking.

Source(s): There is no such thing as a non driver's license.
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

What's a "non-driver's license"?  There's no such thing as a "non-driver's license". Even a restricted "permit" is a driver's license, and you're allowed to drive a vehicle as long as you have a fully licensed driver accompanying you at all times. 

Most DMV's don't need for you to SHOW them your Social Security card; they just want you to write down your SS number; and many DMV's don't ask even for that.

Call the Missouri DMV or go to their website and find out what proofs of ID and residency Missouri requires you to bring with you when you first  apply for a driver's license.

• Edna
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Judith, In my answer, I said "MOST" DMV's; I didn't say ALL DMV's 

• May
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Ask the Missouri DMV what you need.   How would we know?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Scott
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

They will need to see the card. DMV is funny that way, they like to see original documents.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

The DMV site says it needs to see the card.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

The card itself, signed if you're 18 or older, non-laminated. Here's the complete rules:

Applicants must present one or more documents in each of the following categories. Additional documents may be required.   

IDENTITY   

LAWFUL STATUS   

SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER   

MISSOURI RESIDENCY

Applicants will also be required to present documents to verify the following information, if applicable:   

ALTERNATE MAILING ADDRESS   

NAME CHANGE

Additional documents may be required to determine eligibility for special indicators, such as Veteran, Boater Safety, or Permanent Disability indicators, or to request a change to the gender, or date of birth.

IDENTITY AND LAWFUL STATUS DOCUMENTS

All documents presented must be valid and unexpired.Exception: For a non REAL ID-compliant application, an expired Missouri or out-of-state license, identification card, or instruction permit may be accepted for identity, if within six months (184 days) of expiration.U.S. birth certificates must be certified with an embossed, stamped or raised seal issued by a vital records agency (hospital-issued birth certificates and birth registration cards or birth transcripts are not accepted). An original certified U.S. birth certificate marked as a "delayed" or "amended" filing, issued by the state vital records agency, is acceptable.    Exception: For non REAL ID-compliant applications a photocopy of a certified U.S birth certificate (issued by a vital records agency) accompanied by a U.S. Military Identification Card or U.S. Military Discharge Papers is acceptable.

SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER (ALL Applicants)   

Acceptable documents must include name and Social Security number    Social Security card must be signed if the applicant is 18 years of age or older    Social Security card cannot be laminated    If a Social Security Number has not been assigned, the applicant must present a letter from the Social Security Administration (SSA) regarding the status of the applicant's Social Security number.

MISSOURI RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS (ALL Applicants)

All applicants show residency with any recent document from the acceptable document list.    Acceptable documents must include the name and address.    Applicants for a non REAL ID-compliant card must submit one issued acceptable document to verify residency.    Applicants for a REAL ID-compliant driver license or nondriver license must submit two acceptable documents from two different sources to verify residency.    Applicants for a non REAL ID-compliant or REAL ID-compliant document requesting to use an alternate mailing address, must submit one acceptable document to verify the alternate mailing address.    Applicants for a REAL ID or non REAL ID Commercial Driver License (CDL) or a Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP) must submit two acceptable documents from two different sources to verify state of domicile (residency).NOTE: A Post Office Box is not acceptable as a residential address. Current addresses are important! Your license will be mailed to the address provided.Residential address is the location at which a person has been physically present and regards as home. A residential address is a person's true, fixed, principal, and permanent home, to which a person intends to return and remain, even though currently residing elsewhere.

• Ron
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I'm not sure. I'll check the missouri dmv website and get back to you

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.