21 years old and never had my ears pierced?

Is this weird?  What does the pain feel like for ear lobes getting pierced?  I've been scared of the pain but thinking of going in Jan when I am on a break.  Just want to know what the pain feels like.  

Favorite Answer

It's a pinch, then it's over. Honestly, the most painful part will be the night of and 4-7 days after when it's starting to heal. You may swell a bit and not be able to sleep on your ears for a while, but that will subside pretty quickly, as well. Lobes are one of the fastest healing places to get pierced; 6 weeks on average and they are very easy to care for. You can ice the area in the days after you get pierced, and take ibuprofen if you want, but it's honestly not the worst place you get pierced. 

Seriously, have you ever popped a zit on your face? It feels like that, pinch, boom, bam, done. Easy-peasey :)

It isn't weird, and ear lobe piercings don't hurt at all, when you clean them it may sting for a few seconds but other than that ear lobe piercing is the easiest and least painful piercing in the world I'd say.

• dj

It is not bad and is over quickly, young girls seem to cope very well so you will.

• Hypnos

It's not weird but if you want them the pain is nothing. There is no pain, lobes are probably the easiest piercing you could get, to give an example when I was young and dumb I pierced my own seconds on my lobes because I wanted to fit in at school and I couldn't feel a thing. I was probably 14-15 at the time.

It's a sharp jab that lasts only a few seconds. You won't die

what are you trying to ask here?

There is no pain worth talking about. Having an injection is more painful. After the piercing there will be a keeper ring or a stud in your ear. Keep it clean while the piercing heals so that there is no infection. There will probably be some soreness for a few days. The piercer will give you all the information you need.

• audrey

It's like a wasp sting. Not too bad. You can do it.

no its not weird ...... there is no pain , it doesnt hurt