Looking for colleges in the U.S.?

Honestly I don’t really care where it is as long as I don’t need a visa. I’m looking for a collage with a good physiology course preferably into criminal psychology. If dorms are available they have to be animal friendly. Lost of clubs too. Any ideas?

Also I’m not religious so no specifically religious schools

I am a citizen of the US, When I said visa I meant traveling outside of the US

Specific course: Forensic Psychology 

Why you guys not understand, i live in the US, I am a citizen in the US, and I wish to attend collage in the US

• MS
    Favorite Answer

I don't know what in the world a visa has to do with anything if you are living in the US and looking for a US college.  

Anyway, as a psychology professor, I can tell that you "forensic psychology" is not an undergraduate major.  You may see it advertised at some online schools as a way to attract students.  But at the undergraduate level, the major is almost always just "psychology."  You might have the opportunity to take some introductory courses in forensic psychology as an undergraduate, but that's not likely to be a specialized degree.  I would look for schools that offer a Ph.D. in forensic psychology (which is a thing, although it's more often listed as a clinical psychology degree with a forensic track or specialization. They are most likely to also offer some undergraduate courses in that area.  Some that I can think of off the top of my head are Montclair State University, Nova Southeastern University, Palo Alto University, University of Arizona, and West Virginia University.  

Most dorms are not animal-friendly unless there is a documented need for an animal, such as an emotional support animal or more commonly a service animal.  Some dorms will allow you to have fish in a 10 gallon or smaller tank, but that's about all you can usually hope for. 

Most of these big unviersities like this have plenty of clubs and organizations in which you can get involved. 

give it up. Dorms are rarely animal friendly; and who knows about clubs.

• SumDude
      4 weeks agoReport

I already have my degree and a passport; and the word is spelled COLLEGE ... but good luck anyway ... even though you are not doing your own research.

Your in state university. There is no forensic psych as an undergrad major; so you would do a regular psych major with some criminology courses added in, but not a a second major. Whether a dorm is animal friendly or not depends on your specific circumstances. Not sure what you mean by a visa needed, you dont go out of the US for a state school.

• Diane A
      4 weeks agoReport

And as you picked BA, no forensic psych as undergrad

• Tavy

College in the U.K. finishes at 18, so it would be a University. You would need the correct educational requirements and pay very high international fees for 3 years.

No animals allowed.

• Foofa

Unless you’re a US citizen or permanent resident or are from Canada you’ll need a student visa to study in the US. Not all US universities are accredited to be able to accommodate foreign students. So you should first research what’s possible. Then of course you’ll have to apply and get accepted.

• Oxinde4 weeks agoReport

• drip

Sry few US universities allow animals in the dorms. And those that do, have very specific animals they allow. Many US universities require freshman to live on campus (depending on your age). So you may have to get off campus housing. 

Most US universities have lots of clubs and organizations. 

For a forensic psychologist career you will need to go on to graduate school. 

Look at your state’s public state colleges first. Get out of your undergrad degree with as little debt as possible. Your graduate school will matter most.  

https://www.gradschoolhub.com/best/masters-degrees...

• drip
      4 weeks agoReport

Kansas has state universities

Do you hold US citizenship? If not - you'll need a visa everywhere