Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsHeart Diseases · 4 weeks ago

is there any way to tell if my premature heart beats are PVCs or PACs?

Can you tell by the pulse?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Nope. you can only tell feel irregular beats from palpating a pulse, irregularity could be a bunch if different things. It could even be normal depending on what type of irregularity it is.

The only way to tell is via a 3 lead ECG.

• 4 weeks ago

No you cannot.....

• k w
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

you are unjustly fearful, you need ionic minerals, so do others......take them, 5xa day, bed-time, when you get up, then breakfast , lunch, dinner, that 5 easy ways to remember, do it for a month....I bet your heart beats normally prior to the end of 30days

• 4 weeks ago

No, all ectopics produce the same range of sensations, including in the pulse.  You need an EKG or a Halter to know.  Otherwise, the best you can do is say you are statistically more likely to be experiencing a ventricular ectopic (a PVC) rather than an atrial one (PAC) when you feel your heart flutter, especially if you are older (over 40) or if you smoke.  

That being said, in very rare cases, ectopics come in patterns like bigeminy (every other beat), in which case a ventricular origin is far more likely.  If you get two in a row or three in a row without interruption, it's practically certain, but these are rare cases.  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

That is why the medical profession has technicians.

See your primary care physician, mine did the check in the office. It took about 10 minutes.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.