Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsHeart Diseases · 4 weeks ago

Why is my blood pressure still high on drugs?

My blood pressure is around 155/95 while taking Losartan. Without it's 170/105.

Why is my blood pressure still high when I'm taking drugs? Do I need higher dose or new pills to lower it to normal?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Many people are on more than one medication at a time

• 4 weeks ago

Try drinking more water than you do and see how that affects the blood pressure. I'm betting that it will return to near normal within a week.

• k w
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

well, on the one hand, I'd say you need different medication, HOWEVER on the other hand, you never even looked to see if some herbs or exercise/calisthenics could/would work to help lower it, maybe even your diet, the quacks won't tell you.....they need your business.....your choice.....

• 4 weeks ago

Losartan POTASSIUM raises blood pressure (I cannot eat a banana because of the potassium).

Read the Patient Information Leaflet available from your pharmacist  (I get one with every prescription)

Your primary care physician should be aware of this and prescribe accordingly.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Much depends on what's causing the high readings.

Work out the average of your blood pressure over a week. Do it twice in the morning and twice in the evening.  

Sit back in your chair and relax for 5 minutes before measuring it. Rest another 2 minutes before taking the next reading.

Take the results to your doctor. They will increase the dose or use other drugs to help if necessary.

• Tavy
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

I do this, far better than a one off reading.

• Greg
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Your doctor will probably increase the dosage or add another medication. In addition, as applicable to your situation, you perhaps should lose weight, do more aerobic exercise, and eat less sodium.

• 4 weeks ago

It’s not the right kind and you have to eat better too no salt diet

• Linda
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

My son takers losarten, Lisinoprol and atenelol. You may need more than one pill to control your blood pressure. Talk to your doc.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.