Can you scan photos at Walmart?

I have photos that aren't digitized and want to make copies of them. If I took them to Walmart could they make copies of the photos and print them? I just want a clear photo but I feel like Walmart's scanner would be better quality than a regular printer at home, that is if they can do that?

And,,, if they can make copies, does anyone know how much this likely would be? I've only ever printed digital photos I've never made copies of already printed photos so I don't know if that would be more expensive or not.

Also, these are my photos, not professional or copyrighted photos.

Favorite Answer

As long as the photos are not professionally taken (unless you have a photo release from the photographer, allowing you to copy the photos)

wal

-mart can scan and copy to just about to any format (not flash drives or sd cards, at this time), some photo labs can do posters and canvas one day service as well as traditional prints, (but cannot scan large photos larger than 11 X 14)

Source(s): I currently work at wal-mart in the photo lab

Why wouldn't you call your Walmart and find out? Not all Walmarts are the same!

• Sarah3 weeks agoReport

True, haha. I didn't even think of that. I knew they had the photo center. 

Sending them to Scan Cafe would be your best bet as concerns quality.

http://www.scancafe.com

Walmart got rid of the photo counter. These days you have to use an online photo service.

• Sarah3 weeks agoReport

My Walmart still prints photos in store, I just don't know if they can scan them.

First of all, I don't think Walmart does that. Although it could just be that Walmarts from my area don't. I doubt it though. I've never heard of that.

Modern home scanners are actually pretty impressive over all BUT I think your hunch may be correct SO I suggest taking them to an Office Max or Office Depot. Both have printing and scanning services and I'd bet a lot that their scanners are professional grade. I get prints made at either of those places and they always turn out beautiful. Any other kind of copy center will have similar equipment though.

• Sarah3 weeks agoReport

Yeah, I wasn't sure if they did or not. I've never tried to either so I wasn't for certain. I'll see about one of those places. I may also scan them myself and see if they look decent, but overall I want the best quality, so I'd rather take them somewhere.

If you take your pictures and put them onto a thumb drive you can take them to either Walmart or Walgreens and put your thumb drive into the machine and you can make as many prints as you want in any size that you want. Make sure that your pictures are in jpeg format

• Sarah3 weeks agoReport

How would I get them onto a thumb drive, like scanning them? Would they look decent? I thought about doing that but I figured if Walmart had a scanner theirs would probably look nicer than if I used my scanner.