I have had a little bruise on my arm for a couple of years?

I am not entirely sure if this is a bruise, but it's a little black-blue spot on my arm that has been around for a couple of years. It doesn't concern me enough to see a doctor, but I was just wondering if any medical professionals could maybe shed some light on why it has been around for so long and if it actually is a bruise?

None of us here are active "professionals".  I have a similar mark on my right arm. One day the imaging tech at the cancer center of my position there was explaining what he does and one item was to auto calve the "Indian ink" bottle.  I asked him to show me and he dropped one tiny drop on my arm and immediately took a sterile skin poker and tapped in the center of the ink.  It is

a tattoo for patients who need to come in each week for radiation treatments.

The spot has to be perfect every time.  I've had this tat since 1995 and no one notices it.

For the other situation that involved my then 6 yr old who stubbed her big toe right into a pencil.  We went to a clinic and the doctor removed it.  Little did we know that graphite is a permanent marker.  You  do not have a bruise.

It looks like a varicose vein. It still functions, but blood pools in it. 

You could probably get it fixed if it bothers you. 

It’s nothing to worry about.