Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 1 month ago

Why do noodles hurt my tummy?

I am asking this because I am really curious can it be the msg in them? I have been thinking of looking for better brands to maybe try I do not eat stuff like this all the time if anything it’s been years for this reason I used to eat them a lot as a child though. Sometimes I do crave for them mostly in the winter I usually eat oatmeal when I want something warm, eggs actually do the same thing to me but I still had them yesterday because I wanted them. I have been thinking about looking noodles at Trader Joe’s maybe that’s a good place to find better ones? I remember trying a certain kind at a Asian store deli I forgot what kind they were but they didn’t hurt my tummy at all I wish I remember what they were called that’s why I think it’s the msg they didn’t taste very salty either.

Tummy tummy tummy. Yes lol. Tummy.

I have never seen MSG listed as an ingredient in any dry pasta package. Asian cuisine sometimes uses MSG to add the flavor of umami to a dish, because it is so taste friendly and semi addictive. All wheat based pasta does have gluten. You might have early stage Celiac disease or some other wheat allergy. I think you can rule out MSG.

• denise

I think they will fill you up if you eat too many,

They do have rice, soba, udon, noodles at asian stores, could they have been any of these?

This summertime-into-fall food isn't exactly easy on your system. "If you don't chew it long enough, it can pass through your system undigested and cause an upset stomach.

• In

Monosodium Glutamate or MSG has gotten a bad reputation based on one letter to a medical journal and "Chinese Restaurant Syndrome" was born.  This misconception that MSG was dangerous has been disproven.

"Monosodium glutamate, also known as sodium glutamate, is the sodium salt of glutamic acid, one of the most abundant naturally occurring non-essential amino acids. Glutamic acid is found naturally in tomatoes, grapes, cheese, mushrooms and other foods".

"Tummy"? What....are you two?

• martin

Everyone, especially younger people, have a certain food that hurts or makes them feel ill. Just avoid that food. Often people grow out of these food allergies in time.

"tummy"?????? you need to go get a consultation at weenie hut general