Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Is 170 pounds heavy for someone 5'10"?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Certainly overweight but below the obesity threshold.  

• Honor4 weeks agoReport

Only if they're female. For a male, that is a perfect height/weight ratio.

• 4 weeks ago

No it's not heavy. However, losing some weight won't kill you if you are female.

In my opinion, the best weight for a 5’10” male is 170 while it’s 140 for a 5’10” female.

So if you are male, it’s a good weight. If you are female, I suggest you to lose some weight.

• Megan4 weeks agoReport

How is a BMI of 24.4 overweight? Healthy weight is between 18 and 25 BMI.

• d
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

No, especially if they are male. If they are female, it's still within the recommended weight range for that height, just right at the upper end. Hope this helps.

• Jerry
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

NO, not at all.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

absolutely nottt

Lv 7
    1 month ago

That depends. If that someone is an adult female, the weight range suggested is 137 - 158 lbs, depending on body frame size(so yes, it would be overweight unless she was fairly muscular). For adult males the suggested range is 158 - 182 lbs, so no. Not heavy for a male.

• 1 month ago

The BMI for someone that height and weight is 25 -- just over the "normal range."  That noted, BMI doesn't take into consideration body composition.  Most women would definitely be carrying extra fat at the weight if they weren't professional athletes.  A man might or might not be "over fat" at the weight. 

• Chris
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If you are a female yes.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I weighed 200 at 510

• 1 month ago

No - you're weight is normal.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.