Did you ever get your mouth washed out with soap as a kid?

Favorite Answer

yes but then i just started eating cakes of it because i knew i did something wrong. yep, my parents caught me eating it a few times. strange i know. at least when i farted it came out bubbly lol

• Yes, I did one time hun.

• Bee V2

No I would get the belt 

No, my mother would never do such a thing,

mind you I did curse a lot as a kid lol.

• No, I wasn't raised in the 1940's.

• Sparky

Yep! Only once or twice though.

Only once.

I don't remember what I said. I only remember my mom was at the mailbox (across the street) and I said some jaunting words from my bedroom window. Apparently she heard since next thing I know I'm tasting soap! 

No, but I got the BELT across my A $$ more than once in 12 months. And it wasn't abuse it was discipline. Now all we have are BOOK PARENTS bringing up kids, naughty steps and the numbers game.... 1 2 3.

• steve

When I was a kid it must have been standard practice. Me and all my siblings and our friends got soap or washing up liquid pushed in our mouths if we swore. Then we were told to wash our potty mouths out.

Didn't do any of us any harm but now it would be called child abuse.

Nope. I didn't say my first curse word until I was fourteen. And that was "damn". We lived in a different world then.

My mom wouldn't have done that anyway. She was very civil about punishment.