My 53 year old friend that likes to act 6 years old ?

I love my friend,  she is very kind, fun to be around... most of the time. She likes to act like a 6 year old, picky, child.  That part really irritates me, and she seems to feel it's cute. Seems as if she thinks it makes you prove you care about her, by making go out of your way to do what she wants. Example; she wants you to buy her different things to drink, but they have to be cold, never warm. Has to be a fresh bottle, not just pour her a sip. Then she will take one, tiny sip, makes a nasty face while yelling, in a kids voice, "NO! NO! NO!" Like a spoiled child throwing a fit. She will repeat this process, at least, 3 times (or more) until she gets the attention she wants. I find this ridiculously annoying. Other than that,  she's a really great person, but this behavior is beyond annoying. She's a grown woman. 

I'm really confused what to do, if I try to bring it up,  she acts like I'm personally attacking her personality. 

Favorite Answer

Ok soo she's your friend, and you probably know facts about her. Does she have a disability? Sometimes grown ups who act like that don't do it on purpose, it's either the way they were born or from an injury, it can't be helped. If she doesn't you should talk to her about it, and or ignore her or walk away when she "turns the switch" to act like that. You could simply say, no I'm not getting you a drink in a joking kind of way or even "play child" yourself to avoid it.

• Haystack4 weeks agoReport

You're welcome. I hope you can resolve any problems with her.

This woman sounds not only very annoying but hard work. If you havent already then you should tell her that her behaviour is childish and has to stop. I would refuse to go out with her until she grows up.

I assumed she is a grown woman at the beginning of this question when you said she's 53 years old.

She twists your arm up your back and makes you buy things? No didn't think so. Grow up

• marty

Not much of a friend if you can't talk honestly with her. Nothing you can do with someone like that. If you continue to pacify her you're just enabling the behavior. 

• Mark

OK, do you have a question, or just a rant?  (I would find her behaviour to be annoying, too, but you really need to ask a question.)

• RedHead4 weeks agoReport

I did ask it. I realized I didn't clarify that, added to the original post, before you replied.  

Geeze, tell this whiny little bastard to grow the hell up and refuse to cater to her behaviour. Do it to her, say, "go get me a drink, will ya"? and do it to her every chance you get. Yell NO NO NO . Have fun.