Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Why don't Americans view Hong Kong protesters as you viewed Baltimore ones; as rioters and criminals; double standards much?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Lili
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

The people in Baltimore were certainly "rioters," but I don't recall thinking they were "criminals".  They strongly felt they had a legitimate grievance, and I agreed that they did. So did many other Americans.

I wish to hell such grievances, whether here in the US or in Hong Kong, could be dealt with without violence, but I understand why people erupt as they do in these situations.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Most Americans want to see China and Russia break up and end up like Massive versions of Iraq and Syria. They don't like countries that are economically and militarily competing with them.

• 1 month ago

Why should we care about a bunch of stupid protesters in Hong Kong??? I don't even know what they're protesting against, and I don't give a damn!

• Josh1 month agoReport

Typical American; what a brat

• jimmy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It's none of the USA's business. It's a Chinese problem for them to deal with.

• jimmy
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Lili, that's fine but we aren't going to war with China over Hong Kong.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Hong Kong protesters were angry because

1. China wants to take away Hong Kongers' freedom

2. police brutality

Not sure what Baltimore protesters are protesting.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Because they are hypocrites with zero knowledge of East Asian politics.

Hong Kongers were protesting against a bill (made by the Chief Executive of Hong Kong itself) NOT ''freedom'' or whatever delusional crap they're talking about.

Look at this idiot for an example  ''considerably larger than anger over the extradition bill'' This person can't even mention the supposedly ''considerably larger than anger over the extradition bill'' As I said before, most Americans are idiots and have no knowledge of East Asian politics or any kind of politics outside their country.

If you want to talk about ''Freedom'' please congratulate South Sudan for achieving that and ending up being split up from the North and facing more poverty than ever before. They have democracy and freedom but are starving peasants. That's what America wants to do to China. 

• Lili
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

The protests have metamorphosed into something considerably larger than anger over the extradition bill. That should be obvious to anyone with a modicum of brains and perception.

• 1 month ago

I view all non-whites as the worthless pieces of sh*t they are.

• Lili
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Try to grow up, sweetie. I realize it might be difficult for you, but give it a go.

• 1 month ago

Hong Kongers want to be free like the colonists did, there is a huge difference between rioting and wanting freedom.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You're the dumbest person on Earth; did you just realise Americans have double standards?

• Lili
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Everyone has double standards of that kind, dear, not just Americans. I've seen that all over the world.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.